8 quotes from Dalai Lama, Nobel Peace Prize
Born in July 1935, Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama, is considered the greatest spiritual actor of Tibetan Buddhism. He has been operating for years for the concrete independence of all of Tibet inside China. His tireless quest for a solution to the Sino-Tibetan conflict through non-violence earned him the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989.
Like Prem Rawat, he is also a dedicated ambassador of peace. Several quotations written by the Dalai Lama are now a source of hope for those who yearn for the same cause, a life without conflict.
Here are the top 8 of his best quotes
1. "The more we are concerned with the happiness of others, the more we build ours at the same time."
This explains that happiness can be contagious if one is open to others. Contributing to the happiness of others brings a sense of pride and joy. It can be enough to fill our hearts and find peace. Indeed, it does not require as much as to die for others. All that is required from you is shared joy around you. Small things can have big impacts to brighten a person's day.
2. "Where there is inner strength and self-confidence, mistrust, fear and doubt disappear."
As Prem Rawat says, having self-confidence and becoming a good and worthy person is the best way for making the world a better place. It brings out the best of ourselves.
3. "Practicing patience is the most effective way to preserve peace of mind."
Patience is a virtue well known to all, but often put to the test. Indeed, it depends mainly on its state and the context in which one finds oneself. If we can never lose patience, we will easily find inner peace.
4. "To fight ignorance is also to fight suffering. Ignorance is the source of poisons and mental obscuration. By developing selflessness, love, tenderness and compassion, we reduce hatred and pride."
It is obvious that when we ignore something, we are prey to doubts, fears and all kinds of negative feelings. It is therefore important to know and understand to have peace of heart and mind. The deeper your insight is about a situation, the less there is room for anxiety in you. The unknown is always feared.
5. "The planet does not need successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, storytellers and passionate people of all kinds."
What good is it to succeed if you live in a crazy world? Better a world filled with wise men than intelligent men.
6. "Without genuine compassion and love, it is difficult to accept and tolerate the others."
Our ability to live in the community without triggering conflict comes from our compassion. Without this, the slightest annoyance can lead to arguments and disagreements.
7. "If you want to know someone, do not look what he says, but look what he does."
People are judged upon their actions and not by their words and promises. Actions speak louder than words that can be forgotten.
8. "If you feel that you are too small to be able to change something, try sleeping with a mosquito ... and you'll see which one prevents the other from sleeping."
Even little men can do great things. It only takes a little bit of willpower and self-confidence.